"To push the boundaries, you need to know where the edges are." - Mark Boulton

Friday, December 7, 2012

Client Brief

As I was typing my client brief for the re-design of the St. Elmo's hotel I did not realize how many details went into the brief. Initially i thought of a client brief as just an overall summary about the design process but it is actually much more than that. It does summarize the process but it also allows someone to understand the amount of development that went into the concept and design for the project. From the beginning sketches to the circulation diagrams to the actual measurements all lead to a tangible result of what originally was just a vision.

This was my first time writing a client brief so I was not sure of everything that needed to be incorporated or documented but I did put in a lot of thought to what the client's envision was and how I guided the client to a design that will become part of his surroundings and his lifestyle. It was also good to see how I did or may not have overcame any design challenges for the project and how I could improve in that aspect in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment