"To push the boundaries, you need to know where the edges are." - Mark Boulton

Thursday, July 26, 2012

"A Skewed Alternative"



Here are the final posters related to my work focusing on creating a 3-D space from a 2-D abstraction. The hand-crafted posters display my object of inspiration that I took an element from and expanded it to a structure with a purpose of sheltering and seating people. Studying how people would interact with the space  gave me a good understanding of how to arrange and organize my design ideas. I found it difficult to portray my process and ideas on posters but I managed to display an adequate amount of information to get the concept across. Using an architect and found object to base my design on was interesting. I got to see how unrelated subjects can be connected and morphed into a brand new idea. I was striving to create a more organic shape to my design but ended up going in the opposite direction with geometric patterns. Sometimes things don't go as planned when designing but that opens up new paths to something never thought of. I am happy with the contrasted design that I resulted with and am glad I can pull out many elements and principles along the process to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment