"To push the boundaries, you need to know where the edges are." - Mark Boulton

Friday, June 22, 2012

Digital Palouse

The Palouse in Eastern Washington is what surrounds me while I study. This digital rendition of the Palouse is an interpretation of the environment I am immersed in. The simple rolling hills that scour the Palouse covers the land in this region. Though this was my first attempt at Adobe Illustrator I wanted to portray the simpleness of the land: the green and brown of the vegetation against the blue sky. I colored the car in the foreground in more bright, vibrant colors to stand out from the landscape. Creating this image was a good first step to understanding Illustrator. I am now more acquainted with the tools on the program. My next step will be to create detail. More sketches are soon to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment